In 1919, our church was formed when a group of people marched from First United Methodist Church all the way down 9th Street to our current location, singing "Marching to Zion" together. They had a vision of forming a new faith community in the Floral Heights neighborhood. With downtown just beginning to grow, the people who lived in the beautiful neighborhood of Floral Heights needed a church closer to home.
Over the years, our church grew to four stories tall and now covers a full city block. Our identity over the years has evolved, but we remain committed to loving God and loving each other well. Now, our church is best known architecturally for the gold dome that shines as a beacon of hope in our neighborhood, and for the love and care we've extended to our immediate neighbors and beyond. We are a giving church that sees the inherent worth in ALL of God's creation.